Best Physiotherapy Centre Near Me
The knee is a complex joint with different components; the force the knee sustains in activity makes it weak to a variety of injuries and also accelerates wear and tear if the knee is not functioning optimally. Many knee injuries can be treated successfully with simple measures, such as bracing and rehabilitation exercises specific for the condition. You should search for Best physiotherapy centre near me for any issue related to knee.
The knees seven key structures are following:-
- Bones there are three bones meet to form your knee joint, your thighbone (femur), shinbone (tibia), and kneecap (patella) mainly.
- Articular Cartilage the ends of the femur and tibia and under surface of the patella are covered with articular cartilage basically. The function of cartilage is to produce a smooth glide between bones as they articulate also.
- Meniscus are two pieces of wedge shaped cartilage that mainly act as shock absorbers and spacers between the long bones. The meniscus is a tough rubbery cushion that stabilizes the joint also.
- Ligaments are fibrous bands that connect and also provide support holding the bones together forming the knee joint. Ligaments are strong band that combine to keep the knee very stable.
- Collateral Ligaments border the inside and outside of the knee holding the knee together.
- Cruciate Ligaments are found within the knee joint, they cross between the long bones forming a “X” with a cruciate ligament from the front and a cruciate ligament in the back also. They control the back and forth sliding motion between the long bones.
- Tendons connect muscle to the bone. The quadriceps tendon connects the muscles from the front of your thigh to your patella and the act of the quadriceps muscle is to straighten the knee in the body. Behind the knee the hamstrings and calf muscle tendons cross connecting at the back of the knee in the body. The hamstrings bend the knee area.
There is a multitude of various knee conditions associated with the above mentioned structures; some of these conditions have similar symptom patterns so it is important to have your knee assessed thoroughly to specify the correct line of treatment also.
Seven Common Knee Injuries:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injuries
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) injuries
- Collateral Ligament (MCL, LCL) injuries
- Meniscal Tears
- Tendon Tears
All of Brar’s Physio care Best physiotherapy centre near me are specialists in assessing all the knee structures and are experienced in all special testing to diagnose your condition and you can search Best physiotherapy centre near me on google to get treatment. Brar’s Physio care advises you whether a knee scan is also necessary.
A customized physiotherapy program can help individuals return to their prior level of functioning and comfort, and encourage activities and lifestyle changes that can help prevent further injury and improve overall health and well being . So search for Best physiotherapy centre near me.
Take confidence that Brar’s Physio care will be able to advise you of the treatment that you require on the search of Best physiotherapy centre near me.